The other night I decided to make a three course dinner at my apartment for some of my friends. I wanted it to be seasonal with a twist so I did this salad, a seared salmon with cilantro pesto and baked chocolate and caramel dipped apples. Aside from burning my pinky on a plate I accidentally left on top of the stove, it went pretty well. I usually don’t enjoy traditional lettuce salads and I had never cooked with beets before so that’s the main reason I decided to do this dish. Hope you enjoy it!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound scrubbed small beets
- 2 pounds tomatoes(Heirloom tomatoes will give you a better taste but it doesn’t matter all too much)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup goat cheese(crumbled)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves(yep, told you I wanted a twist)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Seal beets in a foil packet. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet until tender, 75 minutes.
2.) When cool, rub beets with a paper towel to remove skins; slice.
3.) Slice large tomatoes, and halve cherry tomatoes, then arrange with beets on a platter. Top with goat cheese, cilantro, and olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
4.) Comment and tell me how it tasted!